Friday, April 22, 2005

Podcast #18 - 04.22.05

Tonight's all about sharing the love!!!

Reviewing emails from listeners; talking about other comic podcasts out
there and trying to help get them the publicity and notice that they
deserve; formally announcing (via the podcast) our new domain name of www.thecomicgeeks.com, also formally announcing Podcast Who (www.podcastwho.com); and finally going over some of my picks for the week.

My pick of the week is The O.M.A.C. Project! Get it before it sells out!
Runner up is Space Ghost

Shout outs to the following comic podcasts and/or websites:
The Comic Geek Speak Podcast - Bryan

Crazy Mary Comic - Michael Colbert
Digital Webbing Presents
Collected Comics Library Podcast - Chris Marshall
Comic Rants Podcast - Matt Farr
Dutchy Digest - Bruce Rosenberger

Anything else I forgot to mention, I get to in the next post.

Enjoy!
--The Geeks

View the shownotes in HTML or OPML

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Doesn't it suck how life gets in the way of fun? Glad to have you back. Certainly your daughter and family take precedence over this stuff (take it from a guy that was so busy trying to climb the corporate ladder and working part time jobs, that he missed much of his kids growing up...) but thanks for sharing some of your time with us!
Listening to the podcasts is kind of like the old days when we congregated at the comic shop on Friday nights and talked comics. I really miss those days. Of course that's what makes me feel obligated to reply (just ignore me!)
Doctor Who was really good this week and I'm happy to see that Mum is back in the story. She'd be a hoot of a character if the Doctor were to take her along. Billie's boyfriend (can't recall the character's name right now) would make a good male assistant for the Doctor as they have, in the past, been a bit... well... dopey! He plays the part well.
Great CGI use in the episode but it seemed that the "flatulence" gags were lifted from Stephen King's "Dreamcatcher." Oh well, minor point I suppose...
I also commute a long distance to work and for a couple years it was only Howard Stern and Audio Books that kept me sane on that long drive. Now of course, I have podcasts to listen to. Still enjoy the audio books though. Didn't know that Sword of Shanana was available on audio. Hmmm...

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do you guys know you're including your OPML file in an "enclosure" tag? I keep deleting these files from my podcast directory. Your mp3s are coming in as well, just wanted to make sure you knew about the OPML being included too. Unsure why...

Evo
http://dragonpage.com

2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool Blog! If you get a chance I would like to invite you to visit the following Magazine Blog, it is coo to!

1:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home